GUIDE TO GETTING COSMETIC TATTOOS
We know and understand that it can be a big decision to get cosmetic tattooing. With that being said, there is also a lot of information you need to consider before doing so. Although there are many reasons for getting permanent makeup, you really need to decide for yourself what you want out of it, and to do your research. Here you can find a lot of answers to questions you may have.
Microblading, Permanent Makeup, Micropigmentation, all are forms of tattooing. They all implant pigment underneath the skin. The goal is to enhance or define your natural beauty. Here at WNY Permanent Makeup, we exclusively only do machine work as it is less damaging and traumatic to the skin than traditional Microblading. Permanent Makeup can be done on the eyes as well as lips.
We make every effort to ensure that every client is as comfortable as possible. Prior to working on you we apply a topical lidocaine cream and then apply a secondary numbing agent to keep you as comfortable as possible while we work. Please note that if you are a frequent smoker, or on your menstrual cycle, this may be slightly affected.
Since Microblading/Permanent Makeup/Micropigmentation/Cosmetic Tattooing is a tattoo, it is required that you are at least 18 years of age. Even with parental consent, you must at least be 18 to have Permanent Makeup done.
As it is a tattoo, it is permanent, however, it does soften and fade over time. Periodically, you may want to come in for a touch up to refresh the color, once every year or 2, maybe longer for brows. Eyeliner and lips, you can expect to go much longer before needing a touch up.
Most clients need two treatments at least four weeks apart. We will assess the color retention and make adjustments as necessary. With most procedures, the color looks a lot lighter after the first week. Some clients prefer this, while others opt for a bolder look. Do not worry if your cosmetic tattoo does not heal as intended after the first session. We can always go darker and add more density during the follow-up. Older clients, or clients with oily skin sometimes need more sessions.
The Amount of Sun Exposure
Being exposed in the sun will soften and fade your permanent makeup faster. Be sure to wear sunscreen (once healed) and or wear a hat to help prolong the longevity of your permanetn makeup.
Lighter colors can fade faster than darker colors (for example blonde colors can fade faster than darker brown colors).
Bleeding During Treatment
This is a tattoo and although generally bleeding doesn’t happen very often with permanent makeup, it is not uncommon for a little bit to happen. IF you are on blood thinners, please let us know prior to working on you so we can assess if it’s still okay to proceed.
The healing time after your initial and follow up session is critical. It is PARAMOUNT that you follow the aftercare instructions given to you to achieve optimal results.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Try to avoid using any blood thinners at least 72 hours before your session. If you are on doctor-prescribed blood thinners, continue to do so, do not stop taking your medications.
- If you use Accutane, or using any products that contain that, you must wait at least 6 months to 1 year before getting your brows done. Eyeliner and lips may still be done depending on where it was used.
- We recommend you not be tanned when getting permanent makeup as this can affect the outcome color wise of your permanent makeup. Some exceptions can be made, but must be discussed at consultation.
- If you currently wear makeup on your brows, please come to your appointment with your makeup already done. Most come straight from work, so this generally isn’t an issue. We like to see what you’re used to wearing and how you normally like your makeup.
- Do not shave, wax, thread, or tint your brows at least 24 hours before your appointment. We will clean up any stray hairs that fall out of the pattern that we design for you. Our goal is to stay as true to your natural hair pattern to give you the least amount of maintenance possible.
- FOR EYELINER: Make sure to remove contacts and wear glasses for your appointment as you should not be touching your eyes and inserting contacts for a couple days.
- If you have been using Latisse, or any lash growth serum, you must stop using it for at least 8 weeks prior to your appointment.
- FOR LIPS: Be sure to moisturize and exfoliate (nothing excessive) your lips for about a week prior to your appointment.
- If you are prone to Cold Sores, or have EVER had cold sores before in your life, you must let us know prior to your appointment. You will need to be on a doctor-prescribed anti-viral medication prior to getting your lips done.
Any permanent makeup/microblading done will look darker, and get darker during the first few days of healing.
THIS WILL BE SCARY TO YOU!
Do not worry, it is all part of the healing process and will soften in appearance. You may experience some tenderness and light swelling.
All of the pictures showcased on our site and across all our social media are taken IMMEDIATELY AFTER the service and NO EDITING is done to them. We purposely want you to see exactly how you may look when leaving our studio.
You can read through our detailed aftercare instructions here.
Our aftercare is pretty extensive, you can reference a copy of our aftercare instructions here.
We assess your skin color, anticipating how the tattoo will fade. Then we choose pigments that blend well with your natural features. Sometimes the colors shift when fading. In such cases, we correct it at the follow-up appointment. We would also add a special formula to prevent further color change. As you age, your eeybrow tattoo will look softer and have more of a “powdered” look. To keep your hair strokes looking good, try a refresher appointment every 1 to 2 years or longer. Results var with each client.
Apply a good sunscreen daily after healing to help keep color true. As with any tattoo, sun exposure will make the color soften faster. Skin type, lifestyle, pigment color used, and broken capillaries are other factors. When planning a chemical peel, laser treatment or other medical procedure, inform the technician of your tattoo.
- If you have oily skin, generally the hair stroke look tends to heal into a more powdered brow look. Sometimes it can be achieved, but it is something to keep in mind.
- If you have little to no hair, your tattoo will appear flatter than those clients who have more hair.
- If you are a frequent smoker, your permanent makeup may fade sooner than normal.
- If you are iron deficient or anemic, your pigment may fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur.
Absolutely! We pride ourselves on having an immaculate and sterile studio space. We only use single-use, disposable needles and supplies. This means that each set-up for each new client is discarded safely afterwards. Our station is thoroughly disinfected before and after each procedure.
We accept the following:
- All Major Credit Cards
Yes! We understand that sometimes the intial investment can be a lot upfront. We offer in-house payments for those who need it.
It works like this:
No Credit Check!
$75 To Book (Non-Refundable)
$75 at your first appointment
$75/Month until you’re paid up.
**With the payment plan, you are not eligible for any specials currently going on. (It is regular full price for any service) You can still apply any credits acquired to your balance (such as referral credit, and review incentive).**
If I am working on you or an area for the first time, it is subject to new pricing for any service, unless otherwise discussed at your consultation.
Sometimes correction is needed, or removal. Removal sessions are $150/session. Depending on the saturation level, sometimes multiple sessions are required.
Yes, we require a $100 non-refundable booking fee to book any microblading/permanent makeup appointment.